Yes, it's that time of year, and Vacaville's brightest house is getting ready to "wow" people from all over again. With more than 50,000 lights, a dozen air-blows, stars, and even visits from Santa, Starlight Lane has something for everyone. The Kovarik Family even put their pet sheep in the nativity scene (as weather permits.)
Starlight Lane caught the attention of Dave Bender of KOVR 13 News. Hosting events like; "Caroling Night," Letters to the Troops, and the traditional canned food drive, Dave has come out three times to feature Starlight Lane on his "Twelve Daves of Christmas." With each return the Kovarik's added more to their awesome display.
The current display consists of over 50,000 lights, a 50 foot suspended Christmas star, a 50 foot wall of lights, a 30 foot tall Christmas star, air-blows, and an American flag of lights. There are too many things to list and many small details throughout the yard. You just have to drive by to understand this family's passion for the Christmas season. When you see that glowing star from I-80, you know you're getting close. You can also check them out Pictures on the Web.
There are many interesting details about the 2010 Starlight Lane Christmas decorations including:
- Christmas lights are on every night in December from 6:00-10:00 P.M. weather permitting.
- Over 50,000 sparkling lights!
- Many Christmas trees throughout the front yard.
- Electrical power is backed up with two generators.
- Light up yard displays and air blow figures.
- 15,000 multi-colored lights wrap the house six inches apart and double stranded.
- To reduce electrical consumption we use mini-lights as well as fluorescent bulbs for the larger displays and spot lights. We have added electrical controllers to reduce bulb on-time.
- Display setup and tie-down consist of hundreds of feet of rebar, 3000 ft. of nylon string, and over 1000 ft. Of twist-tie material.
- 50 foot long wall of lights display. Yes we had to fabricate artificial walls to hold more lights.
- Always adding new stars to display—try to find them.
- Nativity with live sheep—weather permitting.
- Electrical light controllers add motion and activity to display.
- Brand new addition of "Santa's Wonderland." A super bright and shiny place to visit with Santa and get some awesome photos in a one of-a-kind place.
While we at Starlight Lane do enjoy lights and fun times during the holiday season, we are ultimately celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. If you want to learn more of the real reason for the season, please email us.
Thank you, Starlight Lane ministries
When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.
See Starlight Lane Details for 2008